Our mission is to Promote the Power of Positive Movement!
-to restore from a depressed, inactive, or unused state
-give new strength or energy to
Revive Athletics is committed to changing:
- The fashion industry, which produces 10% of all carbon emissions.
- The shopping habits of the average American, who throws away an average of 81lbs of clothing every year.
- Environmental damage - discarded clothing made of non-biodegradable fabrics can sit in landfills for up to 200 years.
- Social challenges - garment workers, primarily women, in Bangladesh make about $96 per month. The government’s wage board suggested that a garment worker needs 3.5 times that amount in order to live a “decent life with basic facilities.”
Revive Athletics is committed to promoting:
- Personal growth. Clothing should make you feel good when you move.
- A broader world-view. Your purchasing behavior has the power to positively impact the environment, the health of vulnerable populations, and the viability of small businesses.
- A sense of community. Group support, information sharing, and encouragement from others helps reinforce good habits, keeps us informed, and builds the foundation for lasting change. A rising tide lifts all boats.
There should be a more affordable and sustainable way to purchase premium athletic wear.
Clothing should make us feel good when we move. It should not come at the expense of our budgets, the environment, and the health and wellbeing of others.
We buy and sell items in a wide-range of sizes and styles to fit nearly every body. All items are carefully inspected and cleaned with Defunkify, an eco-friendly detergent made in Oregon.
We also donate items to Rose Haven, a Portland day shelter and community center serving women, children and gender-diverse people experiencing the trauma of abuse, loss of home and other disruptive life challenges.
Shopping secondhand is the MOST sustainable way to shop.
Shop now and become a revivalist today!